Sign Up for Foundations!
Foundations classes are for individuals looking to enter our ongoing group classes. They are designed to introduce the technique and mechanics of CrossFit’s nine basic movements and other secondary movements, then intensity. Perfect for those who are hesitant about the movements, desire more attention and time to review, or are unsure of where to begin.
- The Foundations classes is a 3-hour class held on the weekends
- You may attend the class at any of our four locations- Glover Park, Thomas Circle, or Foggy Bottom.
- Advanced registration and payment is required.
Contact email@example.com today to reserve your spot.
Foundations consists of:
- Introduction to CrossFit’s basic movements including:
- Squats (air squat/front squat/back squat/overhead squat)
- Presses (shoulder press/push press/split jerk)
- Power cleans
- Kettlebell swings
- Application of movements with appropriate intensity
Have a Group of New Trainees?
Custom and/or Corporate Foundations classes can be created for groups seeking an exclusive training course. Contact CrossFit Balance: Glover Park at for more information.
- What should I bring to the Foundations Class?
Wear workout clothes, bring water, and we highly recommend bringing a journal to take notes.
- What is the next step after Foundations?
Upon completion of Foundations, trainees can join group classes. These classes will still review and reinforce skills practice, however, consistency in mechanics and technique will be stressed. Increased intensity will be adjusted to each trainee.
- Are the Foundations classes required even if I am familiar with the movements and have been doing CrossFit workouts regularly?
Upon reviewing the curriculum, if you feel confident with all of the movements, please contact the Head Coach to discuss proceeding directly into group classes.